CHESHIRE, Conn. – The CIAC is providing information for media coverage of the 2019 CIAC spring sports championships as the tournaments progress.
- There will be no credentialing process for tournament games in any sports prior to the finals, media can use identification they’ve used during the regular season. Media are encouraged to contact host sites in advance of the game to communicate accommodation needs.
- The online credential applications for the CIAC finals in baseball, softball, boys lacrosse, girls lacrosse, and boys volleyball can be found at this link: https://casci.ac/4702. Barring schedule changes due to weather deadline for submission for the finals will be Thursday, June 6 at 12 p.m. Media do have the option on the form to edit or resubmit if necessary.
- The NFHS Network holds the exclusive streaming and broadcast rights for the CIAC tournament games. Those planning to provide broadcast of CIAC Tournament games must complete the CIAC Broadcast Application which is available here: https://goo.gl/forms/5xy81xnPSUmbsZbL2 and pay the rights fee associated with those broadcasts in addition to submitting the online credential request to insure the game is available for broadcast by another entity. The NFHS Network will be broadcasting the finals for the track State Open, boys volleyball, baseball, boys lacrosse, and girls lacrosse.
- The game schedule and times for the tournament finals in the previously-mentioned sports will be determined after the conclusion of the semifinals and posted on http://tournamentcentral.ciacsports.com.
- There will not be a credential process for Outdoor Track & Field State Open on Monday, June 3. Media again can use identification they’ve used during the regular season. Reminder that as per previous years, interviews should not be conducted on the track to prevent delays in competition and media are asked to give athletes time following the completion of an eent before conducting interviews.