With the countdown to the fall season continuing, it is straight to the links today.
- There are a lot of football links today, and in general for football fans you can’t go wrong checking out the following blogs on high school football: Mike Pucci at New Haven Register, Sean Patrick Bowley at the Connecticut Post, Ned Griffen at the New London Day, the Red Zone blog for the Republican-American, Dave Ruden’s Overtime and iTeams from the Hartford Courant. All are worth checking frequently.
- Not a fall sport, but here’s a piece on the St. Paul Catholic boys lacrosse team’s recent windfall.
- Here’s an update on a previously-linked story about a potential cross-league football rivalry.
- A standout swimmer and student has received a scholarship.
- The Connecticut Post previews the upcoming seasons for the Newtown girls volleyball team as it looks for another title as well as the Staples football team.
- Ten players and games to watch from the Hartford Courant’s girls soccer preview. There is also a comprehensive team capsule section.
- Victor Rivera is happy to be back on the sidelines for the Maloney girls volleyball program.
- Xavier football deals with the challenges of expectations writed the Middletown Press.
- More football previews with the Milford-Orange Bulletin going in-depth in the SCC.
- It is all smiles and expectations for the Staples football team.
- Dave Ruden’s overtime blog is kicking off a weekly poll by asking which team has the best spirit?
- Lots of stories about new coaches this fall, and here is another about a coach energizing the Woodstock football team.
- Sticking with Woodstock, their field hockey team is trying to start from scratch.
- The Gilbert/Northwestern football team is trying to be one point better in 2012.
- The Watertown boys and girls soccer teams are previewed in this video.
- The Woodland volleyball team wants to carry regular-season success in the postseason.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.