Last week Linked Up provided the stories on the seven CIAC champions in field hockey and girls volleyball. Now, it is boys and girls soccer’s turn. Eight CIAC State Champions were crowned in soccer on Friday afternoon, and this edition of Linked Up serves as a place to read about each of the championship teams. Not quite as much geographic diversity this weekend, but that is how the Tournaments shook out.
- From the Norwalk Hour: A dream season was finished off with a state title for the Norwalk boys soccer team.
- From the Hartford Courant: Farmington claimed local bragging rights on top of winning the Class L Tournament.
- From the Hartford Courant: Suffield outlasted Bacon Academy for a second-straight title despite losing 11 seniors from a year ago.
- From the Hartford Courant: The wait between State titles for Bloomfield was only 62 years as they prevailed in the Class S Tournament.
- From the Danbury News-Times: A late goal was the difference as Newtown prevailed in the Class LL Girls Soccer Tournament.
- From the Hartford Courant: A season of progress concluded with a championship for the Avon girls soccer team.
- From the Hartford Courant: Everyone got involved as Northwest Catholic continued its success with a Class M Tournament title.
- From the Danbury News-Times: The Immaculate girls soccer coach loves his championship teams equally, and he added another on Friday.