On the agenda were four voting items for the Board including a review of a previous sanction and two self-reports.
- The Board reviewed a self-report for a school that used an ineligible student in four cross country meets after the athlete changed sports within season. The Board approved a motion to fine the school $400 ($100 for each incident).
- The Board reviewed a self-report from a school for violating CIAC recruitment rules for a coach that was working with a local U-14 team. The Board approved a motion to fine the school $250.
- The Board reviewed a self-report from a school that used an ineligible student in seven football games. The Board approved a motion to fine the $500 ($100 for each violation with a maximum of $500), to require the school to complete an athletic program evaluation, and to place the school probation for one full calendar year.
- The Board considered a proposal from the Girls Volleyball Committee to add two additional games to seasons limitations – two of which may be non-counting multi-team events for boys and girls volleyball. The proposal would take effect now and would be implemented for the 2013-14 school year. The Board approved the proposal.
- The Board considered a proposed change in the CIAC by-law from the CIAC Cooperative Team Committee to allow more than three schools to form cooperative teams as long as the maximum number of participants from any one school and the total of all schools does not exceed the maximum combined allowed. The Board approved the proposal, which will take effect immediately.
- The Board heard a report from the Eligibility Committee which met earlier in the day and approved three appeals and denied two.
The Board of Control will meet again on Thursday, January 18.