A final bow was wrapped around the fall season on Saturday when the final three CIAC Football Championship games took place at Rentschler Field. It capped a memorable and highly-competitive fall season. Here is a special edition of Linked Up that provides an in-depth look at the four football finals. These are not the usual features included in a Linked Up (in most cases) but provide a feel for the Championship action.
- From the Middletown Press: Xavier did not fall prey to the upset to win a third-straight Class LL title.
- From the New London Day: Norwich Free Academy feels it is moving in the right direction despite its title-game setback.
- From the New Haven Register: Having a target on its back did not slow Daniel Hand’s quest for a Class L State Championship.
- From the Hartford Courant: Hand made a clear case to be #1.
- From the Manchester Journal Inquirer: Windsor’s offense was not able to get in rhythm in the final.
- From the New Haven Register: The second-half adjustment for Hillhouse was about energy as the team rallied for a Class M title. Also a nice feature about a day in the life of a senior on championship day.
- From the New Britain Herald: Berlin had some valuable fill-ins and nearly executed its game plan against Hillhouse.
- From the Waterbury Republican-American: Ansonia made sure to savor its 18th State Championship. Also a feature on the challenges Head Coach Tom Brockett faced in the past year.
- From the New Haven Register: North Branford scored 26 points but was stopped at critical times in the Class S Final.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.