With the focus on postseason games and league tournaments, there was not a ton of feature stories in the Connecticut papers this week. But this is still a link-heavy edition of Linked Up, particularly with a heavy does of national stories. And still some interesting Nutmeg State articles thrown in.
- From CBSnews.com: This video has been making the rounds on the internet, and for good reason. It is a tremendous example of sportsmanship and the value of high school sports.
- From NFHS.com: This was sent out on twitter, but deserves a link again. The story of the camaraderie and generosity shared by two Kentucky high schools has earned them the NFHS National High School Spirit of Sport Award. Well deserved.
- From the Providence Journal: In a related link, here is the story of a Rhode Island cheerleader whose battle with cancer and effort to raise money to fight the disease earned her the Spirit of Sport Award from Section 1 (the section Connecticut is in).
- From the Connecticut Post: An in-depth story on Bridgeport’s efforts to rebuild the high school athletic programs.
- From the Waterbury Republican-American: There might have been mentions of the previous meetings between these teams in Linked Up, but this column neatly summarizes the amazing series of games Wilby and Crosby played in boys basketball this season.
- From Newport Beach Patch.com: Many high school athletics communities are worried about injuries. This one had an interesting approach to trying to work towards a solution.
- From the Tahoe Daily Tribune: Another link on injuries, and some preventative measures athletes can take.
- From the Meriden Journal Record: After a standout Class L meet, Erin Malone and Southington have their eyes on the gymnastics Open.
- From USA Today: A fun link that allows fans to vote for the best high school mascot in each state.
- From Newenglandsports.com: It is not a media outlet, but with this link fans can keep tabs on the Connecticut athletes competing at the New England Wrestling and Indoor Track & Field Championships this weekend.
- From the Danbury News-Times: Senior captain Daniel Garvin leads in a variety of ways for the Bethel boys basketball team.
- From the Hartford Courant: It is boys basketball tournament time, and the Courant has 10 things you should know about the event.
- From the Middletown Press: An interesting story of the rise of the pole vaulting program at East Hampton.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.