On the agenda were three voting items for the Board.
- The Board approved three By-Law changes, which require approval of the membership at the annual meeting Thursday May 9. The changes are as follows:
- Article III – Membership – Section A. The following will be added: “CIAC member schools must participate in all CIAC-sponsored sports that are offered by the member school. Failure to comply may result in action by the CIAC Board of Control including termination of membership or appropriate action as determined by the Board.”
- Article VII – Tournaments, Meets and Games – Section B. The following section will be added: “Further, the Board approves the use of Sundays after 12:30 p.m. to be used for make-up games in all sports upon the mutual agreement of both schools.”
- Article IX – Transgender Participation – Section B. The Board approved a lengthy change to this section to better reflect changes in State anti-discrimination laws. The policy establishes a review procedure by which students may request to participate in a sex-segregated activity consistent with his or her gender identity.
- The Board denied an appeal from a member high school requesting the lifting of its probationary status for accumulating 13 yellow cards in soccer this past season.
- The Board endorsed the recent action from the boys and girls soccer committee to require Connecticut high school athletes playing the position of goalie in Boys and Girls Soccer to wear a mouth guard.
The Board of Control will meet again on Thursday, April 25, 2013.