Not a huge week for links as most of the focus is on game stories these days as there are plenty of great games going on. Also lots of coverage for college sports in the state at the moment, and with good reason (a much-deserved congrats to the UConn women’s basketball team, and the Quinnipiac and Yale ice hockey teams). With that said, there is still plenty of good stuff here to check out.
- From the Connecticut Post: Ken Walker’s presence loomed large over Milford for nearly 30 years. And two teams honored him before the Foran/Jonathan Law game.
- From the Torrington Register Citizen: As mentioned above, it is a big week for college hockey in the state, but this article looks at what impact that might have on the high school hockey landscape.
- From the New London Day: Ben Ostrowski of East Lyme keeps his motivation nearby as a constant reminder. Also from The Day, a profile and look at the art of a distance runner.
- From the Meriden Record Journal: Former youth teammates are teaming up again for the Hall of Fame Military Bowl.
- From the Waterbury Republican-American: This topic has been discussed before, but here is another piece addressing the fact that students need to be cautious with social media.
- From the New Britain Herald: Southington baseball player Brett Susi has a bright future for his team.
- From the New Haven Register: A trio of Hillhouse athletics contributors are being honored in a ceremony on Friday.
- From the Shoreline Times: The new Branford baseball coach understands the traditions of the program.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.