As we prepare for the start of the fall season tomorrow, we wanted to provide a few reminders regarding entry of game scores:
- Scores for all games in sports where win-loss records are used to seed tournaments (boys and girls soccer, field hockey and girls volleyball in the fall) must be entered within 24 hours of the completion of the game. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that scores are entered immediately following the game, or at least on the same day/night the game is played.
- Due to their effect on the playoff point system, scores for all varsity football games should be reported IMMEDIATELY AT THE END OF THE GAME by either entering them in the website, tweeting them and including the hashtag #CTHSFB, or texting them to Matt Fischer at 203-314-9915.
- The fastest and easiest way to enter scores in any sport is via our mobile webpage at http://ciacmobile.com/. It will work on any smartphone or mobile device, and a score can be entered in less than a minute.
- We HIGHLY SUGGEST that you provide your coaches with COACHES ACCESSCODES for entering scores and information, and your scorekeepers/managers with SCOREKEEPERS ACCESSCODES for entering game scores. Assigning the responsiblity for entering the score immediately at the end of the game to a manager or scorekeeper who will be at the site with their phone is the most efficient way to get scores entered. You can setup and/or manage the accesscodes for your school via the “Admin Actions” tab in the Online Eligibility Center.
- While it is the responsibility of each school to enter scores for each of its games (home and away), we will periodically update non-submitted scores using info entered by opponents. Please do not ignore your responsibility to enter scores and figure we will just get them from your opponents.
Thanks in advance for your assistance in the collection of scores and information throughout the year, and best of luck in the fall season.