CHESHIRE, Conn. – The CIAC is providing information for media coverage of the 2016 CIAC spring tournaments and championships events.
- Tournament pairings and start lists will be posted on CIAC Tournament Central (http://tournamentcentral.ciacsports.com) and CIACmobile.com on Thursday May 26 (boys and girls lacrosse), Friday May 27 (baseball, softball, boys and girls tennis, boys volleyball, boys and girls outdoor track and field), and Thursday June 2 (boys and girls golf). The general release times are listed on the website.
- There will be no credentialing process for tournament games in any sport prior to the finals; media can use identification they’ve used during the regular season. Media are encouraged to contact host sites in advance of the game to insure accommodations.
- The online credential applications for the finals in baseball, softball, boys lacrosse, girls lacrosse and boys volleyball will be posted on CIACsports.com and released on Monday June 6 with an application deadline later in the week.
- The NFHS Network and its partner CPTVSports hold the exclusive streaming and broadcast rights for all CIAC tournament events. Those planning to provide any broadcast of CIAC Tournament contests must complete the CIAC Broadcast Application which is available here: http://casci.ac/1491 and pay the rights fee associated with those broadcasts.
- Media may wish to sign up for CIAC Tournament update emails or SMS messages here: http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=116. Members of the message lists will receive tournament pairings, results and information updates for the specific sport or sports requested.
- Media can direct any additional questions to Joel Cookson at jcooksoncasciacorg.