CHESHIRE, Conn. – The CIAC is providing information for media coverage of the 2016 CIAC Football postseason.
- There will be no separate credentialing process for postseason games prior to the finals. Media can use identification they’ve used during the regular season. Media should contact host sites in advance of the game to arrange accommodations.
- The on-line application for the media credential/pass list for the four football finals will be available on CIACsports.com and emailed to media after the conclusion of the semifinals and the announcement of the schedule for the four championship games. Each championship game will be credentialed separately, and press box access and field access will be limited to those covering the specific games.
- The complete schedule and most up-to-date information for the football postseason can be found at the Tournament Central page of CIACsports.com http://content.ciacsports.com/tournamentcentral.shtml.
- Media entities planning broadcasts of any postseason game must complete the CIAC Broadcast Application Form found here: http://casci.ac/1410 and consult the “Policies” tab of the Media Information page here: http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=640. The NFHS holds the exclusive streaming and broadcast rights for CIAC tournaments, so broadcast applications and acceptance of the rights agreement must be completed to insure the broadcast does not violate the agreement.
- The annual CIAC football press conferences featuring athletes and coaches from the eight finalists will be held on Tuesday December 6 at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will include an open media session with the attendees. Media are asked to e-mail Joel Cookson at jcooksoncasciacorg if they are planning to attend so the CIAC can get an accurate head count.
- The CIAC is looking for writers interested in producing game stories for the football semifinals and previews and game stories for the finals. Anyone interested should contact Joel Cookson via e-mail at jcooksoncasciacorg.