The 2016-17 school year and CIAC Championships came to a close and we were happy to give the fans their say. The voting for the top moment through CIACsports.com has now closed. We will release the winner early next week, and in the meantime you can still search for #CIACMomentsVote on Twitter and RT/Fav to add to your favorite moment’s total until we release the results. Thanks for participating, and check back to see the results!
- Newington completes a two-set rally to capture Class M in the 5th set.
- New Fairfield’s Kristen Teklits beats the buzzer from deep.
Boys Ice Hockey:
- A beautiful late third-period goal propels Guilford to the state title.
- A magic strike from Caleigh O’Neil was the difference for Old Lyme in the Class S final.
Outdoor Track & Field:
- Hamden’s Aisha Gay battles Caroline O’Neil of Daniel Hand down the stretch in the 400 at the State Open.
Boys Swimming & Diving:
- The championship at the State Open came down to this thrilling final relay.
- Seymour’s Faith Thurmond caps a dominant effort by closing out the Class M final.
- On the big stage of the Connecticut Tennis Center, the Yaghmaie twins hold off a comeback to win the Open doubles title.
- Hillhouse takes control of the Class M football final with a 91-yard kickoff return for a touchdown.
- Brookfield answers Bloomfield’s clutch shot with one of its own.
- A key sequence late in the Class M final helped New Canaan pull away for the win.
Girls Swimming & Diving:
- The fastest 50 freestyle in Connecticut history with two performers racing to the wall in record fashion.
- The 182-lb final at the State Open goes down to the wire.
- Staples’ Chad Knight blasts a monster home run in the LL final.
- Maggie Brooks comes off the bench and makes a critical save to preserve a Darien lead in the Class L championship.
- Daniel Hand breaks through with the winning goal in overtime of the Class L boys soccer championship.