CHESHIRE, Conn. – The CIAC is providing information for media coverage of the 2018 CIAC fall sports championships as the tournaments progress. Separate information for football postseason will be shared at a later date.
- There will be no credentialing process for tournament games in any sports prior to the finals, media can use identification they’ve used during the regular season. Media are encouraged to contact host sites in advance of the game to communicate accommodation needs.
- The CIACsports.com Tournament Central site is the best resource for schedules, pairings, rosters, tournament histories, etc. The site is tournamentcentral.ciacsports.com and media are strongly encouraged to bookmark and regularly check the site. Also, if you go to CIACmobile.com on the browser on your mobile device most of that information is available there as well.
- The online credential applications for the CIAC finals in boys and girls soccer, field hockey, girls volleyball, and girls swimming Open will be posted on CIACsports.com on Monday, November 12 and will be updated throughout the week as finals match-ups are determined. Barring schedule changes due to weather the application deadline will be Thursday November 15 at 5 p.m. Updates to the deadlines will be noted on CIACsports.com and in the application. A release with the application will be sent out.
- The NFHS Network holds the exclusive streaming and broadcast rights for the CIAC tournament games. Those planning to provide broadcast of CIAC Tournament games must complete the CIAC Broadcast Application which is available here: http://casci.ac/1491 and pay the rights fee associated with those broadcasts in addition to submitting the online credential request to insure the game is available for broadcast by another entity.
- The game schedule and times for the tournament finals in the previously-mentioned sports will be determined after the conclusion of the semifinals and posted on http://tournamentcentral.ciacsports.com.