CHESHIRE, Conn. – The CIAC is providing information for media coverage of the 2019 CIAC Football postseason.
- There will be no separate credentialing process for postseason games prior to the finals. Media can use identification they’ve used during the regular season. Media should contact host sites in advance of the game to arrange accommodations.
- Media credentials for the four football finals must be collected in person – there will be no credentials available for pickup at the sites. Credentials can be collected at the CIAC offices in Cheshire; the CIAC Football Championship Media Luncheon on Tuesday, December 10; or mailed to the recipient if requested far enough in advance. Individuals will be able to collect credentials for other members of their organization. Please contact Joel Cookson at jcooksoncasciacorg (jcooksoncasciacorg) to make arrangements to secure credentials outside of the mentioned options. Press box access and field access will be limited to those with credentials. Credentials will be good for either championship venue.
- The annual CIAC Football Championship Media Luncheon will feature athletes and coaches from the eight finalists and will be held in the Wagon Room at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will include an open media session with the attendees. Media are asked to email Joel Cookson to RSVP for the event.
- The complete schedule and most up-to-date information for the football postseason can be found at the Tournament Central page at tournamentcentral.ciacsports.com.
- The NFHS holds the exclusive streaming and broadcast rights for CIAC tournaments and will be streaming all four football finals. Broadcast applications and acceptance of the rights agreement must be completed to insure the broadcast does not violate the agreement. Media entities planning broadcasts of any postseason game must complete the CIAC Broadcast Application Form found here: http://casci.ac/1410 and consult the “Policies” tab of the Media Information page here: http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=640.